Friday, July 1, 2005

WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS

It feels as if I've moved out of the AOL journal community, since The Blue Voice started.  Much of my time has been spent researching and posting over there, the rest is being spent teaching and trying to learn how to use the equipment in the new language lab at school.  Not to mention gardening, and family visits.  But I miss my AOL family, I miss writing here.  It's too non-fiction over at The Blue Voice, and I'm a storybook loving person.

Last week one of the boys, his wife and their two darling children flew in from Denver.  They spent a day in D.C. sightseeing, then drove to Chincoteague, where we met them on Thursday afternoon.  I only stayed that one night and the next morning, then came home to shop for something to put in the fridge, mow the lawn, make the beds - in general get the place ready for guests.  They came here on Saturday evening, left Monday morning to return home.  It was a lovely time for all of us.  I haven't seen these kids for over two years, and it was high time I did.  G has flown out to Denver several times since we were West together, but I, for one reason or another, have stayed here.

I love Chincoteague, but am worried about all the condo building that seems to be going on there.  It is the last of the sleepy little beach places in the area  (Rehoboth Beach once was a sleepy little beach town, now it's a nightmare), unspoiled, quiet, peaceful, real.  Okracoke has that too, unlike Nag's Head and other Outer Banks areas.  Many shops and restaurants in Chincoteague have closed, yet at the same time there's all this condo/townhouse building going on.  Hard to tell which way things are going.

Here's a few photos from the weekend, these are at the beach up here.  I have some from Chincoteague, but not downloaded.

Rachel and Daddy

Rach and Sam, beach enchiladas..

Sam putting on his shoes.

Rachel the artist.

Pretty cute, huh?  All of them.  I may do one of the whole family (Mom isn't in any of these.) when I get the Chincoteague pix ready to put into posts. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sam and Rachel look rightside up to me.  What a great looking family having a great time.

And yeah -- your regulars miss your visits!  (:

Anonymous said...

I second that emotion....miss you at the "story" blog.   But, oh, what adorable grandchildren!  Hurry up and post Chincoteague.  (but no pressure!)

Anonymous said...

The sideways picture problem seems to have worked itself out.  Hey, have fun....it's summer.  J-Land has been very quiet...people are out living their lives.  You kind of need to do that if you want to have anything to write about.  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

i spent time on wallops island.    i used to love the wild ponies on chinoteague island.    the delmarva peninsula is one of my favorite places.

Anonymous said...

Such great photos!  Beautiful children.  I enjoyed your entry. Sorry you are not spending more time in J-Land.  I would be able to read MORE!

http://journals.aol.com/cyndygee/TheRealWorldofcyndygee

Anonymous said...

Aw, wonderful Pics!!
V

Anonymous said...

lovely post and pics. big hugs, judi

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh!  Those beach enchiladas are cute enough to eat.  Can I get mine with salsa verde?  Hee... hee...

Anonymous said...

The pics are wonderful and the kids are darling.  Sound like you had a great weekend of visiting.  Paulette