Wednesday, May 5, 2004

SIGNS OF LIFE

Hello world.  I'm just checking in for a moment to say I'm still alive and kicking.  In exactly one week i will be a free woman, able to read and write and think again.  Right now i'm in the throes of giving finals, computing grades, reading all the essays students have waited to hand in til the last moment, taping final speeches for Listening and Speaking  class, holding students' hands through final presentations...oh, on and on.  it's always like this, but somehow this semester is worse than usual.  mainly because of the week i missed while broken down.  we're making up for lost time. 

i'm reading email, looking at cartoons, checking the news (although i can hardly stand to do so - i accidentally saw a few of the Iraqi prisoner abuse photos, and have had soul-sickness ever since), trying to keep an oar in.  I miss my Journal community, but right now my student community is my priority.  Hasta la vista, amigos y amigas.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take care in the end of semester grind.  Hope you have classes full of young Shakespeares.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the semester is coming to a conclusion for you.  A chapter to close.

Anonymous said...

Hola, amiga!!!  Sounds like you're busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest.  We'll see you when we see you!

Anonymous said...

Please come back soon! My journal is being invaded by right-wingers!