Friday, March 4, 2005

BABIES GALORE

It looks like all three eggs have hatched now!  At least two have, and the third is working on it.  We have overwhelmed the ISP at EagleCam, but they have another site showing the pictures from the nest.  As well as a lot of other stuff.  Go here and click on the updates, or replays to see the hatchings.  It's totally amazing IMHO.  You have to register at this site to see pictures, but it's free and painless.  There's another dead duck in the nest to feed the Mama who will now be feeding all three chicks.  Who could imagine that eagles started out as tiny balls of fluff?  Not me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I do mean tiny!  I was surprised by how small they are.  Lisa  :-]

Anonymous said...

They are the cutest little fuzz balls I've ever seen!
Sue

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting that second link.  I was always missing them on the live cam!  It's SOOOOOO cool!!!

Anonymous said...

Wooohoooo! Spring and baby eagles! What a lovely day to be alive!

Anonymous said...

It seems so early for this... I hope they manage through the rest of the cold!  Blackwater is a wonderful place to visit.
Virginia

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!
V

Anonymous said...

Aw gnats, I missed the little fuzzballs.  Sigh.  But hopefully, they're all alive and well.