Saturday, March 5, 2005

STILL WITH THE BIRDS, AND A CRY FOR HELP

The EagleCam is back in working order now, so we have a choice of two places to watch the eagles, as they are still on WildCam.  The third egg still looks just like it did yesterday evening, and I am growing worried about it.  The notes on EagleCam aren't saying anything yet to indicate the Blackwater naturalists are worried, so perhaps it's just my usual premature paranoia.  But this is the egg that has had two black marks on it for quite a while.  I worried about it even before it seemed like a reluctant hatcher.  Do any of the other Concerned Eagle Watchers know anything about this?  Please send me any news I may have missed by being late getting on the Internet. 

While I'm asking for favors, here's another one.  Can anyone help me with, or direct me to, a clear Little Golden tutorial on how to get my pictures into the text on journal posts?  The only thing I know how to do is just put them above or below the text, not wrap text around them or put them to the right or left side of relevant text.  But I'm tired of doing that, and see that other possibilities exist.  There doesn't seem to be anything about this procedure on John Scalzi's journal, but it must be somewhere.  And, mysteriously, on some older entries, it seems to have happened all by itself - pictures have moved to the side of the text. I don't understand at all.  Help!  Help!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I check these out when I'm looking for how to's. Hope they help.

http://journals.aol.com/his1desire/AOLJournals
http://journals.aol.com/shooser1/CompuTips/entries/118

Sue

Anonymous said...

Sheila has a tutorial on side by side graphics and text here:
http://journals.aol.com/shooser1/CompuTips/entries/322

Anonymous said...

I checked our state's eagle nest stats for 2004: of 108 nests and 101 incubation starts, 74 were successful and only 9 of those had 3 chicks.  I'm thinking that does not bode well for our little guy MIA.