Sunday, March 27, 2005

WEEKEND ASSIGNMENT

We interrupt all this gloomy stuff to bring you my entry into John Scalzi's weekend assignment.  Although it sounds as if he's closed off his linking to entries.  Today's entry about this assignment sounds very final.  Nonetheless, I'm doing it.

Weekend Assignment #52: Congratulations! Hollywood is making a movie of your life, and you get to choose any actor you want to play you -- yes, even if they're dead (the things they can do with special effects!) Who do you choose and why?

Extra credit: Name the musician/band who will play the theme song to the movie.

 Yes, it's Kathy Bates, my absolute first choice to play me in the movie of my life.  Lots of reasons that's she's the perfect choice.  We're about the same age, and we both look it.  That is to say, we both look our age, and seem to be pretty comfortable with that.  She's a fantastic actress, can play anything from wildly kooky to psychotically scary, to genuinely downhome normal.  All of which would be necessary when playing Me. Her acting style is natural and easy, always believable.  She has always been one of my favorite actresses, and I know she'd do Me justice, in fact she'd most likely make my life much more interesting than it has actually been. 

For the soundtrack, I think I'd like Taj Mahal.  Bluesy, funky, sometimes up and sometimes down, always danceable. 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your choice:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a terrific choice.  I think she might work for me as well.

Anonymous said...

Now, that is a wonderful choice.  Her talent is just amazing which is suitable for a woman like you.

Anonymous said...

Nothing keeps a husband in line like a good hobbling with the sledge-hammer.

Anonymous said...

and, my dearest Tank Gurl, do you think that i am NOT bitchy?  you would be sadly mistaken to think that.

Anonymous said...

Excellent choice.  

Anonymous said...

She is so great in ABOUT SCHMIDT.  She's funny and she's brave.  She's a great choice.

Anonymous said...

Taj Mahal? Great choice!
V