Friday, December 12, 2003

Over and out for a while

We'll be going to DC tomorrow for three days, for a family get-together.  i can hardly believe this weekend has finally arrived, it's all that's kept me putting one foot in front of the other for the past month.  as the family groupings include three darling children, we will have more than enough fun, for pretty sure.

here's an essay from one of my favorite newfound blogs, Orcinus.  it's a very thoughtful piece on his morphing from political conservative to liberal.  it was not an overnight nor a linear process, but a journey i think many of you might enjoy following him through.  i'm reading his blog entries and archives and finding much food for thought.  and then, do me a favor and go here to my imaginary friend TankGurl's journal and give your best shot at answering her very sincere cry for enlightenment.  (perhaps also read her two entries previous to this one, it might help.)  she doesn't want the administration answers, she wants real ones.  do you have any?

i give you good weekend: make cookies, light candles, play with children.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend! I'll look forward to your writes when you return! In the meantime, I'm off to read your links....

Anonymous said...

I really like the Orcinus site, too. I haven't finished that entire essay; it's pretty long. But I was quite impressed with what I did read. I plan to go finish it. - Bruce

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful weekend. Thanks for the links, too.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl you missed a great party! Hope your weekend was perfect. Chat with you later.

TankGurl

Anonymous said...

Hey My name is Megan and you should check out my Journal.. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

By the time you read my comment I'm sure your weekend has crossed over into the territory of good memories. Children are the best, they never fail to startle me with their wit and humor. Those both sound like great journals, will definitely check them.