Wednesday, June 2, 2004

LONELY AS A CLOUD

the last of our holiday company departed a little while ago,  leaving me alone with the dog and the cat.  G, of course, is at work. now it will be just our little household for a while, until the next company shows up.  we had my adult niece and nephew from Rhode Island, and my youngest sister with her daughter from D.C. visiting for this long weekend.  a fabulous time was had by all, i have to say.  we ate exquisite food, played games, took a long walk on the beach Monday after everyone else had clogged the highways heading home - a long walk in the blowing fog, it had poured earlier (which sent all those other silly people home early), and it was gorgeous and cool at the beach.  we read stories, gardened, shopped, ate free Ben and Jerry's ice cream, talked, laughed, drew pictures, cooked A LOT, washed A LOT of dishes, and just downright enjoyed ourselves.  when family is good, it's really good, nothing better.  this was good.

now our little dog is moping by the back door, hoping someone will come back - he hates when company leaves.  he'd like to have a house full of people at all times.  this is a picture of him, not moping, but you can see that he might look really sad when  he wants to. 

 

i've got to get caught up on journal reading, not to mention news reading.  i'm sure all kinds of things happened while i was making shrimp salad and trying to convince my nephew not to get his lip pierced (i wasn't successful, but at least he's going to wait until he gets back home to do it.), so i guess i should check in with reality.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YupYup, alot of things has happened! Just check the AOL Buzzline thing. That is what I do everytime when I want to know whats happening with the real world!

Anonymous said...

Boy, sounds like a great weekend!
V

Anonymous said...

I realize piercings are the tattoos of my youth but gosh I hate them. And, now kids are putting those disks in their ears like in National Geographic. I guess I've finally gotten old! Glad you had a fantastic time with the holiday company.
:-) --Robbie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful time of love, companionship and laughter.  I would be sad like the dog too, once everybody's gone.  Then again, it's those quiet times that make the next reunion even more enjoyable.  

Here's to hoping you see your loved ones again sooner than later.  I'm glad you had a fun and relaxing time.  

Anonymous said...

Cute doggie. :-)

I can't imagine someone *wanting to get their lip pierced.  Ugh. :-X  I'd consider that a punishment sure to deter me from doing any number of things..

Anonymous said...

Living in such a desirable area...I'll bet you need to install a revolving door during the summer.  I'm glad you had a wonderful time with your family...it certainly sounds delightful.  Hearing you speak of walking on the beach...it pulls at my heart.