Friday, October 15, 2004

A DIFFERENT KIND OF NET

I mentioned in an previous post that one of our daughters-in-law had been diagnosed with breast cancer.  Today, for most of the day, she will be in surgery, undergoing a double mastectomy and beginning reconstructive surgery.  We talked with her, with the whole family, last night - she is so brave and positive, determined that this is the beginning of recovery.  It's a huge ordeal, nevertheless, and my purpose here is to ask any readers who pray - in any of the many forms of prayer that are humanly possible - to keep her with you today.  Send powerful forces of goodness, light and hope towards that hospital in Denver.  Our son will be there all day, the kids will be taken to school and picked up by aunts and their other grandmother - there is a good and widespread support network surrounding them all.  Please join us and be part of it - she swears that the net of love and prayer surrounding her is working.  Thank you, and know that I will always do the same for any of you.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

She has prayers coming from Ohio.

Anonymous said...

All of you will be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I totally believe in the power of this. When Maggie had her open heart surgery, there were tons of people praying for her, & I really think that helped speed along her recovery. You will all be in my thoughts!

Anonymous said...

Massachusetts is on board.

Anonymous said...

She (and all of you) will have my thoughts and prayers tonight.  Please keep us posted on her progress.

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts coming from Kansas City.

Anonymous said...

Sending best wishes and love from New Jersey.

Neil

Anonymous said...

Much love and fervent prayers coming up from Los Angeles.  My thoughts are with you.