Thursday, October 21, 2004

IMAGINE THAT

Miracles do happen.  E called last night to tell us the complete biopsy shows the lymph nodes to be free of cancer.  This is the best possible news we could have.  Again, bless you all for caring so kindly with us through this.

And, the Sox beat the Yankees.  I can hardly believe those words as I type them.  They were ahead when I came home from GOV (get out the vote) phone banking, they were even ahead when I had to collapse into bed.  So, I fully expected that they choked in a later inning - and the news on AOL Sports took me by complete surprise, nay, amazement.  I think G stayed up for the whole thing, but she's still sleeping.  I know better than to wake her up to ask

 GO SOX!

Dare I hope for two more miracles?  I think that's asking a lot, really.  A series for the Sox?  A sweep for Kerry?  Okay, I'll settle for one more.  You should know me well enough by now to know which it is.  I seldom write about sports.  Politics is definitely my obsession.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never know.  This could be the year for Massachusetts.

Wonderful news on the biopsy.

Anonymous said...

The Sox victory is sooooooo sweet.  Even a non-baseball fan as myself was taken up with the excitement of it.  Go Massachusetts!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great news on the biopsy!  
As for the Sox and Mass and omens, didn't the Patriots win the Superbowl this year?  We need to make this year a Boston hat trick  :)

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful news (on the biopsy, not the Sox win!)!! Yes, miracles do happen. As my former manager used to tell me, ya just gotta keep putting the vibe out there...

Anonymous said...

Yes, miracles still happen, indeed.

Kerry will win.  The Red Sox is a good omen.  I hope they take the title, too.  We deserve Kerry and they deserve to be champions!

Anonymous said...

I jumped out of my chair to do a happy dance as I read about the news from E.
{{{{{{{{{{BIG HUG}}}}}}}}}}}} for all of you!!  I know you are very relieved.

They say good things come in threes.......................
<fingers are crossed>

Anonymous said...

Miricles happen. Believe it. Live it.

Anonymous said...

So good to hear about the biopsy.  

Go Red Sox!

I have a professor that religiously wears her Nov. 2 tee shirt.  

Anonymous said...

So glad about the biopsy news.... it gave me chills.
Go Kerry!!!!!!!!
:):):) judi

Anonymous said...

Great news about the biopsy.

It's wild up here. Sox up on Cards 2-0, world champion Pats are 6-0 and just beat the 5-0 Jets. Now we need Kerry to surge ahead too. I'm calling it the Mass trifecta.