Saturday, December 11, 2004

A BLUE CHRISTMAS IS A GOOD THING

Buy Blue
The endlessly inventive minds of internet progressives have come to our aid during this season of retail shopping.  If you haven't yet clued in to buyblue.org, check it out.  It will show you how various chains and corporations allotted their political contributions.  In case you had any lingering doubts, the bargains at Wal-Mart are giving aid and comfort to the Other Guys, big time.  There are some pleasing surprises on this site, places I like to shop are okay to shop!  Places I never shop anyway, or hate, are not okay.  A big exception is Home Depot.  I don't like to shop there, but most of the time it's the only game in town.  From now on, however, I will do my best to avoid it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you linked this.  I try to research the corporate giving of places I shop and try to buy in line with my ethics, but that research is time consuming.  Sometimes I have to compromise. It's just realistic, but I feel like I have to make the effort.  The dollar is the bottom line in business.

Anonymous said...

Great entry.  It's so important that we become more conscious of how we spend our money.  Thanks for the helpful entry.

dave

Anonymous said...

Great entry! By coincidence, my best friend just sent me this link today (which was, in turn, forwarded to her by her cousin).