Wednesday, December 22, 2004

SOLSTICE BLESSINGS ONE AND ALL

A safe arrival home last night, after a long day's journey into same.  Air travel has become such a wearying experience.  The Texas visit was lovely, however.  Quality time with family and friends, beautiful weather, lots of good food.  N's play was fun; though her part was small, her presence was large - she was always in character, always totally with it.  I spent good time with my oldest and dearest friend, and we both had a chance to visit with our friend who is battling cancer.  This is an extraordinary woman, and her light shines as strongly now as ever.  She is someone whose work has always been witnessing for justice and peace, and she continues this work.  We had a lovely and inspiring visit.

Today was spent in recuperation, then the usual time with the afterschool gang.  Tomorrow will be the last day before the holidays, and a party is planned.  Tonight was the holiday concert at the school most of them attend, band and chorus.  A bunch of my kids are in both, so I have just come home from enjoying a real hit of holiday spirit and cheer.  They were adorable. 

Friday we go in to D.C. for several days, hoping for movies, ethnic food, walks, time with family, and perhaps a little confluence with a couple of J-land friends.  This last is very tentative.  I need to do some organizing.  Judith, send me your phone number!  And I will send you mine. 

Please take the message in the sidebar as my holiday greeting to all the dear friends here in J-land - may you stand in a circle of light, with a fire warming your body, soul and heart.  Know joy, peace, laughter and hope.  I hold your hands in mine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays Mary Ellen.  I'm glad you had a nice time in TX and I hope your next journey is as enjoyable.  Another J-land confluence would be GREAT!  I hope it works out.  I am travelling as of tomorrow morning..."see" you in a week!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks sweetie.  Let's make this next year even better.  Best wishes to you and yours.

dave,

Anonymous said...

Have a fun and safe trip.  I look forward to hearing all about it when you return home.  Paulette

Anonymous said...

Your trip does indeed sound wonderful -- as do your upcoming plans!! Again, my warmest holiday greetings to you and your family!!!