Thursday, April 28, 2005

BRIEF AQUAMARINE THOUGHTS

Overfooling-around with the colors on this journal has made it look quite a bit like a swimming pool, doncha think?

I'm over my head, drowning, not in a swimming pool, but in end-of-semester stuff.  Won't be doing any significant posting until mid-May, though I may do some insignificant writing, you never know.

I do wish to say that I am, very slowly, reading a book by Thom Hartmann called The Last Hours of Ancient Sunlight, subtitled "The Fate of the World and What We Can Do Before It's Too Late."  I suggest that anyone interested in the future of our planet and our species buy a copy, read it, then pass it on to someone you care about.  Even better, buy multiple copies and pass them out to several people you care about.  It's my current belief that it's already too late, but I haven't yet gotten to the part where I learn what we can do.   

High spring here now.  Sitting inside grading tests is serious torture.  But, it must be done.  Go outside for me, and let me know about it.  I'll enjoy it vicariously.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not much happier -- I'm inside trying to put a paper together.

Anonymous said...

Can you grade them... outside?
Peace,  Virginia

Anonymous said...

The spring flowers have begun to fade, the prairie grass has gotten tall and turned to seed so the time has come to call them "weeds" and morw or whack them down to come socially acceptable level.  I'll think of you fondly while I am out whacking away.  There are definitely times when I do not miss being in the classroom.  Paulette

Anonymous said...

Take those papers and a paper weight and sit outdoors and grade them!  People used to think that I was nuts when I took my work paperwork outside to complete, but it kept my morale up.  Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

I hope today's rain makes the sitting and grading a little less tedious.

Anonymous said...

I like these colors.......... you take good care of yourself with all you have going on.... ok? judi