Saturday, April 23, 2005

PERSONALITY PROFILE

I didn't do Patrick's "Saturday Six," which is today found at his alternative blog on blogspot, because I just can't figure out leaving comments on blogspot.  However, I did take the quiz he mentions in one of the six questions, and these are my results:

                   I  N  F  P
I  =  introverted
N =  Intuitive
F =   Feeling
P =   perceiving

I have to be amazed at how accurate these are, with the strongest emphasis on the "F" for feeling.  For better or for worse, it's my default operating mode. It's a long list of questions, but fun.  There are various interpretations of your results to read once you get your score.  Here's a list of fellow sufferers with my profile (and I've gotta wonder how many of them are also Cancers):

Famous INFPs:

Homer
Virgil
Mary, mother of Jesus
St. John, the beloved disciple
St. Luke; physician, disciple, author
William Shakespeare, bard of Avon
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (Evangeline)
A. A. Milne (Winnie the Pooh)
Laura Ingalls Wilder (Little House on the Prairie)
Helen Keller, deaf and blind author
Carl Rogers, reflective psychologist, counselor
Fred Rogers (Mister Rogers' Neighborhood)
Dick Clark (American Bandstand)
Donna Reed, actor (It's a Wonderful Life)
Jacqueline Kennedy Onasis
Neil Diamond, vocalist
Tom Brokaw, news anchor
James Herriot (All Creatures Great and Small)
Annie Dillard (Pilgrim at Tinker Creek)
James Taylor, vocalist
Julia Roberts, actor (Conspiracy Theory, Pretty Woman)
Scott Bakula (Quantum Leap)
Terri Gross (PBS's "Fresh Air")
Amy Tan (author of The Joy-Luck Club, The Kitchen God's Wife)
John F. Kennedy, Jr.
Lisa Kudrow ("Phoebe" of Friends)
Fred Savage ("The Wonder Years")

Fictional INFPs:

Anne (Anne of Green Gables)
Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
Deanna Troi (Star Trek - The Next Generation)
Wesley Crusher (Star Trek - The Next Generation)
Doctor Julian Bashir (Star Trek: Deep Space 9)
Bastian (The Neverending Story)
E.T.: the ExtraTerrestrial
Doug Funny, Doug cartoons
Tommy, Rug Rats cartoons
Rocko, Rocko's Modern Life cartoons

This list of fictional characters seems remarkably short, and heavy on the SciFi and cartoons.  Surely from all of the world's literature there are more INFP characters than Anne of Green Gables?  Surely.  In fact, if we put on our thinking caps I bet we can compile a much better list.

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm an ENFP! Fun stuff, huh?

dave

Anonymous said...

I didn't take the quiz, but I suspect I might be an INFP too. You knew that I'm a cancer. I thought of you Thursday as I was driving from Bethany to DC, and turned onto 404 in Georgetown. It was about 11 AM. Did you sense the nearness of a kindred spirit?

Anonymous said...

I'm INFJ and a Cancer.

Anonymous said...

If you get the Keirsey book PLEASE UNDERSTAND ME II, you'll see there is also a separate book on each of the types, and in these books is an analysis of fictional characters and their types.  It really is fascinating stuff, and just unlocked a door to many mysteries.  I am not at all surprised that you are an INFP, I suspected as much.  But being a Cancer, you are much more grounded than I am.  I'm Aquarius, the water bearer.  I am...well...floaty.  ; - )  Interesting that Belfastcowboy thinks he may be an INFP.  Boy, would I love to bend his ear about that, what it's like for an INFP male (if it's this tough for females with respect to feeling).  And Dave--and ENFP, does that ever fit!!!  If you just type INFP into an AOL search, you'll find lots of great information.
http://journals.aol.com/theresarrt7/TheresaWilliams-author/

Anonymous said...

I am INFP too -- though I might be ENFP too (the I vs E is pretty darn close).  

Haven't figured out whether it should mean anything to me though....

Neil

Anonymous said...

Hey cool! You're just like the Virgin Mary. Awesome. I wonder how they convinced her to take the quiz? I don't mind that you're an INFP, I love you just the way you are.

Peace and Pasta,

Tank Gurl

Anonymous said...

see, Tank Gurl, you're the only one who picked up on that most important fact in this entry - that i'm just like the Virgin Mary.  it takes a fellow fallen Catholic to catch something like that.  and realize how important it is.  

Anonymous said...

very interesting. I will need to try it. judi

Anonymous said...

Yeah definitely in the fallen category here. Do they still have limbo and purgatory? I'm thinking that hell is pretty harsh, and these Christians should show us some of that famous forgiveness.

Peace and Love,
TAnk Gurl