Tuesday, May 10, 2005

OH FRABJOUS DAY! CALLOOH! CALLAY!

(She chortled in her joy.)  Spring semester has, at last, ended! At ten this a.m. I finished conferring with my dept head about some of my students and their grades, entered the grades into the computer, kissed everyone goodbye and came home to begin establishing some kind of Real Life for myself.  It will involve a lot of gardening, reading, kayaking, and hopefully returning to journal reading and writing.  I have been woefully remiss, and do thank those of you who have stuck with me through this hiatus in journal participation.  I've missed it dreadfully.

I'll still have the afterschool kids for another couple of weeks, but they are mostly fun.  When the summer semester starts, mid-June, I'll be back at the college for a class or two.  But I'm not going to think about that now. NO!  The sun is shining, the irises are blooming, the lettuce is fresh and green and young.  Every time I go in or out the kitchen door a bright shower of goldfinches sparks up from the feeders in the crape myrtle. 

I wish I were a cat right now; I'd lie down in the sun and purr - as Molly is doing in front of the door this very minute. 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!!!!!! for you!!!! Yippee yippee:):):) judi

Anonymous said...

I am totally envious.  Six more weeks to go here.

Anonymous said...

Doing the happy dance for you!!!  By the way...nothing says you can't lay in the sun like a cat, just move a little when G. comes home so she won't worry.

Anonymous said...

Molly must be old, and forgetting her instincts!  "Fancy" would not be wallowing in the sun, but after the birds at my feeder (I do NOT chortle then)!  Ergo, the term "Bell The Cat!"..... necessary to save the birds from an untimely death.  MLW

Anonymous said...

m.lou - our cats do not go outside, so no need to bell them.  this way both birds and cats stay safe.  and yes, molly is indeed old - she will be seventeen this year, and lying in the sun, or on her special pillow, or in my armpit,  is about all the activity she can manage.  vixen, on the other hand, sits in the window and chirps and growls at the bird feeders.