Monday, April 12, 2004

SOMEWHAT IMPROVED VERSION

a week of rest, of anti-depressants and sleep sedation, which included a weekend of holding Charlotte, Ben and Alexander's grubby little hands while we trudged around NY: seeing sights, playing in Central Park, eating in China Town, telling stories, singing songs - has at least enabled me to stop crying.  mostly.  so, that's good.  it really is.  we came back home to DE last night, back to unremitting rain, the grass growing uncontrollably as deep puddles cover the entire back yard.  i spent today mostly reading, dozing, my cat cuddled next to me.  soon i'll even be able to face grocery shopping on my own.  i better, or we'll be eating the cat.

i also finally turned on the computer to see what's happening in the real world, and the journal world.  i'm hopelessly out of the loop.  but i want to thank you, my darling imaginary friends (which is what Tank Gurl calls those of us who are virtual friends, having never met in person, but who have grown close through journals, emails, IM, the virtual forms of communication) for all the comments, emails, comix, cards, words of wisdom, understanding and commiseration that i found waiting for me.  it's pretty amazing to have such a community of friends whose support and caring is no less real because i've never seen your faces or heard your voices.  your spirits, your presences, are so very real, and so very appreciated. 

the world goes on, the war, escalating death and suicide rates in Iraq, the lies, the billionaires not paying taxes, the astonishing facts with which we now live.  maybe we all read the same journals, but if you don't regularly read Progressive Musings you're missing a damn good thing.  Duane took the mercury issue and ran with it.  this entry gives you the scary in-depth accounting of how this horror came to pass.  why are impeachment proceedings, for any one or ten of the ten thousand possible reasons, not underway this very moment, as i type?   well, i'll be back on board the journal train soon, i think.  i've got to do a lot of reading all over the place in the coming days.  looks like it's going to rain my whole spring break, so the grass will just have to grow while i read and sleep, do t'ai chi, try to feel more like a whole person every day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sleep, read, cry some, smile some, and know that people out here do care.  The virtual community is an amazing thing.  I'm sending good thoughts your way.

Anonymous said...

As a figment of your imagination, I'd like to tell you that you'll wake from this bad dream tomorrow and everything will be all better. But...I just pinched myself and it hurt like hell. So, I know it's real.

I don't know if it helps at all but when I start feeling overwhelmed by things that are pretty much out of my control I try to narrow it down to my immediate world and how it is. I look for the things around me to be grateful for and try to bury my head in the sand until I'm on more solid ground to face the big issues again.
:-) ---Robbie

Anonymous said...

I`ll bet it`s good to be home!
Vince

Anonymous said...

My dear Mari, glad to see you are back and doing better.  Even wounded psyches can use some tender loving care.  Glad to hear that you had a wonderful week of respite; you deserve to be pampered and surrounded by loved ones.  

Please continue taking care of yourself.  The turbulence in our everyday world continues, and we need voices like yours to keep strong and invigorated!

Anonymous said...

I'm so relieved you are feeling better

Anonymous said...

((hugs)) So sorry you've been having a rough time.  I'm just now reading it. :-/  Glad to hear you are doing better.  I hope you stay on the anti-depressants! There's no point in feeling like crap if you don't have to.  Best of luck!