Friday, February 27, 2004

BOOK FUN! AND CRABS!

Thank you all for playing along and listing your anecdotal reading piles over at The Biblio Philes!  it was a lot of fun.  if you didn't get there yet, come on over and add yours.  and one more fun thing on the book journal, this quiz "What Book Are You?"  leave your results; so far everyone has been something different.  i was, amazingly, Ulysses (James Joyce) and G, my partner, was The Sound and the Fury (Wm. Faulkner). 

i'm off tomorrow to Baltimore on a bus trip with our International Club.  this is the organization for our ESOL students at the College.  i'm glad to find out that the bus is full, it can be hard to get this group together because they all work so much.  many have two jobs, one on the weekdays, one on the weekends. this will take the entire day and leave me totally exhausted, but it's going to be fun.  we're going to the ice rink, the National Aquarium, and Harbor Place for eating and shopping.  they're a crazy bunch, and i love them.  i also love B'more, a city with serious art museums (where, alas, we won't be going), great seafood, awful traffic, and Harbor Place for fun.

it may be Monday before i'm back in journal-land.  i'll need to catch up on schoolwork Sunday, and, of course, on Sunday night i'll be attending the Oscar ceremonies.  i grumble every year about them, but i always end up watching.  don't you?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, you're making me hungry, I love crabs. Eat enough for us both will ya? =P

Anonymous said...

Oh, I LOVE Baltimore, although I have to admit my interest was first sparked by watching the tv show "Homicide: Life in the Streets". The city became another character in the show. And a couple years later when I visited, I decided it's a place I could live (although I tend to settle in suburbs and would LOVE to live in Hunt Valley where the air spells like pepper!)

Anonymous said...

Homicide, Life on the Street - may have been my favorite TV show of all time, Cherie. the best. Fells Point, its location, is a slice-of-life kinda place, but it's gotten gentrified since the show.

Anonymous said...

Wow, it sounds fun!
Well, not that darn quiz. These online quizzes are taunting me, lol.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy that trip. It sounds wonderful.

Anonymous said...

E N J O Y!!! Boy,you`ve been doing great Work.
Vince