Saturday, February 21, 2004

a couple of notes here before i head out to my Saturday a.m. class in "educational technology."  which i'm taking because i figure having an "Educational Technology Certificate" will look good on a resumé; i have yet to see any other point to it. 

you know how i'm always referring to Bill Moyers' PBS Friday night magazine show, NOW?  it's my voice in the wilderness, my beacon on a darkened shore.  and now i get the news he's leaving his lengthy career in broadcasting after the elections in November.  whatever happens?  even if we have four more years of a Bush admin?  oh no Bill, you can't leave me like this!  he wants to do other things he's had in mind while, as he says, there's still some grains of sand in the hourglass.  well, he's done his time speaking his truth via public broadcasting.  i can only wish him many grains of sand left to do whatever else (first project seems to be writing a book about LBJ) is on his personal agenda.  but you bet i'll be catching every edition of NOW until November.

second note, if you've been following the "Sideshow" section of AOL's Election Main page, the place they promise to publish AOL political journals focusing on the election, you may have been disappointed at the paucity of liberal journals selected.  i haven't given up checking in there, and yesterday i was rewarded by finding that my buddy (in reality as well as virtuality) Tank Gurl's very liberal journal is a current choice.  Tank Gurl's Two Cents, go check her out, leave comments.  i've told her to write like a maniac, it's her fifteen minutes of fame, take full advantage.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be very sad to see Bill Moyers leave NOW, but I hope that they can continue it with others. He has certainly earned the right to do what he wants.
Just started checking out Tank Gurl. I'm loving it.
Hey, think we could get her on PBS?

Anonymous said...

No, I haven't seen that page where AOL is supposed to feature political journals. Figures that they'd be one-sided. I'm surprised there are very many conservative ones. Doesn't most of the AOL-J community seem liberal leaning? or maybe that's just the folks I prefer to talk to. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Finally, some voices of reason on AOL's sideshow. I've bookmarked Tank Gurl.

Any news on what happens to NOW when Bill leaves? I will definitely miss him, although his reports have made me blow a gasket more than once.