Tuesday, February 10, 2004

                mondays and tuesdays are my long crazy days, so no heavy lifting today either.  i just wanted to say that when i came in with groceries after this morning's class i noticed that the daffodils by the kitchen steps are showing.  green tips already several inches out of the ground.  it's a place that's sunny, warm and sheltered, so this is not a  general trend elsewhere yet.  but it's hope springing eternal from the seemingly cold dead ground.  in another month or so there will be drifts of smiling yellow faces to greet us when we come home.  guess i'll keep getting up in the morning after all.Picture from Hometown

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Common and easy to grow daffodils and marigolds are my favorite flowers. I am waiting rather impatiently for my early Spring daffodils to start growing. I planted 300 bulbs last fall, so I should really have dancing daffodils like Wordsworth wrote about. My reason this year for making it through one more winter.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I must rush out when I get home and check my yard!
Mary

Anonymous said...

Those flowers are absolutely beautiful! Congrats on making it through the 'heavies' for this week...:-)

Anonymous said...

i JUST LOVE DAFFODILS!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see those daffodils push through. I've had ENOUGH winter - thank you!