Saturday, January 22, 2005

MISERABLE WHINING

Still feeling entirely miserable and wretched.  I think this is a flu, really yes I do.  I haven't had flu for years, but this of course is the first year in ten years without a flu shot, and I am surrounded all day every day by people and their germs.  I think anyone who teaches should have been eligible for a flu shot, and I blame the administration for the shortage of this vaccine too.  Everything bad that ever happens, it's nice to have a universal scapegoat, huh?  It's snowing like mad outside my window here, my darling girl has gone out in it to the drugstore to get me some useless OTC medications.  What I want is morphine, because I'm allergic to codeine, and lordy lordy how I ache.  I'm only here to do my entry for JudithHeartSong's artsy fartsy essay thing, and then I'm going back on the couch forever.  Yes, Cynthia, I welcome prayers you silly goose - of course I do.  I am a skeptic, perhaps an agnostic, but I know sources of power when I meet them.  I believe your prayers would be just that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better soon.  I agree, anyone who teaches should have access to those vaccines if they want them!  And who better to blame for your misery than the Bushies?  I think all of America will be doing that very soon!