Tuesday, January 20, 2004

obla-d, obla-dah, life goes on, yah, lalalala life goes on.  crazy drive to NYC in first sleet, then snow, then more and more snow, big accident on the NJ Turnpike, delay at the Holland Tunnel, creeping thru the snowy NYC streets looking for the address where we were staying,  finding it w/out much problem, changing into our finery, heading back out in the slush to get a taxi to ChinaTown. China Town! a world within a world. the banquet itself is possibly beyond my powers of description.  i spent the whole time wishing for a camera with which i could make a documentary of this event.  it will take an entry of more than 2500 characters, and more time than i have right now.  i'm in the College library, because the phone jack my home computer uses is down and out.  i hope that will get fixed tomorrow, and yes, i know i should move into the new century and stop using a dial-up connection.  someday i will.

spent last night checking in on the Iowa situation from time to time and getting ready for a new week of classes.  Kerry's win was a surprise to me, but as everyone has noted, winning this historically means little to nothing. at least the field is narrowing down, i'll stop getting email from every candidate's campaign.  how they all have me on their lists is a mystery, but they do.  i'll be teaching tonight during the SOU address, but i'm giving coffywoman's scorecard to G to keep track.  i'm actually glad to have an excuse not to watch it, i get so passionately full of wrath listening to the shrub.  it's really bad for my health.

until i can use the internet at home i won't be posting much.  i have roamed around and caught up on some journals, and will continue to do that as i can.  it's amazing how two days out of JournalLand put me out of the loop. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerry's win was indeed a surprise! I pretty much was assuming Dean had it in the bag....It will be interesting how NH turns out!

Anonymous said...

Unlike you I ignored all rules of common sense and listened to the SOTU. Big mistake. It is also bad for my health, makes my ulcers act up. Needless to say he failed on my scorecard miserably.