Tuesday, January 27, 2004

so, here we are.  waitin' for the train.  that is to say, the New Hampshire train.  i have never felt so much like a bird on a wire over primaries.  well, i have never felt that an election mattered so much.  a week to go until our primary here in Delaware.  and i'm still not sure who i will vote for.  not that Delaware's votes will have that big an influence on anything.  still, it's my vote, and that counts.  Progressive Musings has the antidote for anxiety here, in this link. i laughed til i choked.  (if you can't get this link to work from my journal, go here, to fdtate and try it.  i don't know why it works on his journal, and doesn't seem to on mine.)

the college had a 2 hour delay this morning, which effectively wiped out my only Tues morning class.  so i get another morning off.  i will have a class tonight, and i doubt it will be cancelled, unless the temperature drops and the roads freeze up. since i have a viscious cold i may not keep them the full four hours.  i'm beyond wretched.  just came back from taking the dog for his second constitutional (G took him for his first).  that was no fun at all.  something small and frozen is falling from the sky, and there's a biting wind.  Honey (dog) didn't like it either. cranking and whining.  you know how it is when a cold takes over your entire being, body and soul.  think i'm gonna go turn on the TV and see what the Talking Heads have to report from NH so far.  snort, sniffle, hack, phlllfff.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mari, I feel for you. I had a doozy a few weeks ago, and I'm still not fully recovered. I'm waiting with bated breath for the N.H. results. I'm bummed about Dean, who is my candidate of choice, but I remain hopeful that he'll regain some traction.

Lots of rest, liquids and chicken soup. Get well soon!

Anonymous said...

I find that hot tea with a shot of Jack does wonders for a cold. If that doesn't work, try Hostess Ding Dongs and a beer.

TAnk Gurl

PS get well soon, you have to vote next week.

Anonymous said...

oh TankGurl, i'd have to be literally on my deathbed not to vote. in any possible voting situation, always. but most especially this one. and though right now my deathbed sounds like a good idea, i imagine i'll feel better by next tuesday.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I hope you feel better soon...! :(

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoyed N.H. nice to see you journal. V.