Wednesday, January 28, 2004

whine. snivel. gaack. pule. snuurrrpp.  oh, excuse me, hello!  don't mind me.  i have turned into the snot monster from hell.  and that's probably more than you wanted me to share with you, yes?  halfway through class last night my voice completely left me, between one utterance and the next....nada.  gone. this is one serious drag, on a par with, and probably related to, the weather.  what a frigid mean-assed cold windy frozen day we have here.  classes were delayed two hours again this morning, but i schlumped in for my 10:30 group, then came home to drink huge glasses of juice. yes, tedious subjects, weather and health, or loss of it.  i just need a little intensive ranting here and i promise i won't speak of the cold, the wind, the snot, nyquil, dayquil, or ice, ever again.  dayquil.  what a strange concept.  but it works, which is even scarier.  for exactly four hours, and then....BLAM, it wears off and i metamorphose back into...well, you know.  that monster. 

so it's Kerry ahead by a head, huh?  if he's the candidate i'll get behind him all the way.  but it's early days, kids, early days.  when we lived in MA and he was our senator we used to hope he'd be a presidential candidate eventually.  he was a good senator.  and his environmental record is outstanding. but, about this war, John.....????

here's something:  there are two sets (that i know of, anyway) of internet blog awards going on.  the 2003 Koufax Awards are for liberal/progressive blogs, with one for right-wingers just for noblesse oblige, in various categories.  the other, the 2004 Bloggies, is for every kind of blog you can imagine, some you maybe can't.  even if you get overwhelmed (i did) and give up on voting, you will find a lot of interesting new places to visit in these lists.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snot Monster? Sounds like you need to get that looked at. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi: Like your journal. Anyone who lives in a shabby farm house and feeds birds is my kind of gal. You are a gal, right? Paula

Anonymous said...

I agree. There's a lot of good reading to be found out there, including the Wampum blog itself. Hey, I do hope you feel better. Got echinacea?

Anonymous said...

My dear, what lovely sounds you're making! Get well soon.

It looks like Kerry. I wish he was more inspiring, but if he's the candidate, he's got my allegiance, too.

Thanks for pointing out the Koufax, I got the heads up on Bloggies from John Scalzi some days back, interesting blogs.