Monday, July 12, 2004

ITCHY UPDATE

Poison Oak in summer form.

So I DID, i went to the doctor this morning.  it is just what we thought it was, contact dermatitis from plant life of some sort.  quite surely with three leaves growing together, the evil little things.  i now am taking prednisone, have a heavy duty prescrip cortisone cream, and zyrtac samples for the itching.  altogether a vast improvement in just a few hours.  though the insidious rash has crawled over my left eyelid, and up and down my hairline on both sides.  and this may last for a couple of weeks!!!   i can hardly contain my joy.  this is actually the first time in my life i've had anything like this, have always been the one to spot the poison ivy and warn others away.  i've been exposed to lots of p.i., this has to be one of the other poison threeleaves.  and the doctor said it certainly could have been airborne.  so, thanks for all your sympathy and feeling sorry for me.  feel free to continue it, i certainly am.                                                 

i was going to start journaling of my trip, now i have the pictures - but a big storm is brewing up, lightning and thunder rumbling around out there, sky growing very ominous.  time to turn off this machine and finish Good Omens, my latest Neil Gaiman gourmet treat. 

Please, if you haven't yet, read the previous entry.  my two comments so far are from Tim and Duane, both of whom had already taken action on this.  C'mon, you guys, this is an important thing.  let's not let Them make all the phone calls, write all the letters.  Tim's remarks in his comment about Jews in Nazi Germany was wonderful.  i wish i'd thought of saying that.  you can steal it though, the more the merrier.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am hopelessly behind on my journal reading so...
Your trip sounds like it was wonderful...can't wait for some pics.
I can't believe this rash.  I've never gotten much p.i. either so this scares me a bit.  I hope you're getting some relief.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}
Kat

Anonymous said...

You know, when you said you were going to read "Good Omens" next, i decided to re-read it.  It was just as great as I remembered!  

Anonymous said...

Awww, sorry about the poison ivy!  I had that stuff all over my face once.  It was so bad that they took a picture! I can only imagine it being in some medical book somewhere. :-X

Sorry I missed your birthday, too.  I think I saw it on some older entries, but I've been so behind.  I am hoping it was a nice one. :-)