Saturday, July 31, 2004

TAKING A TIME OUT, A GOOD ONE

My weekend assignment entry is here, in my other journal.  I recommend it highly.

Many family members will be arriving for the week ahead, starting tomorrow.  I am, therefore, deeply involved in vacuuming, bed-making, grocery-shopping, clearing off the dining-room table (it's where we usually pile everything we're working on - the two of us eat at the kitchen table, ten of us won't be able to do that), and making sure we have enough crayons, and........  Still going to do voter registration tomorrow afternoon, into the bargain. 

SO!  There won't be much time for posting here during the coming week, I regret to say.  I look forward to my journal time, both writing and reading.  I'll probably still be reading news and political sendings, so from time to time I may take the short road and just copy and paste anything of overwhelming interest.  In the meantime, my brother-in-law in DC called yesterday to give me a website, which I am passing on to you:  Capitol Hill Blue  for what it's worth.  Some interesting stuff on there.  The stories he wanted me to read have probably passed on into the "more stories" link, not in the current ones.  They have to do with Dubya on heavy-duty anti-depressants, sinking into a Nixon-in-his-final-White-House-days mode.  Urban Legend?  or true?  Jim swears these stories are true, and he still knows lots of folks on the Hill (he worked for Clinton), so - check it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy!!
V

Anonymous said...

Have fun with your visitors!  
I've seen that Capitol Hill Blue article.  I think of them as the National Enquirer of the internet.  I'm not sure how much I really believe, but they sure are fun to read!