Thursday, July 29, 2004

RUNNING AS FAST AS I CAN

Lordy lordy, how time flies when you're having fun.  No convention blogging this morning, maybe tonight after I get back from the Acceptance Speech party.  Right now I've got to go in to the beach and see my Sussex County for Kerry issues committee chair with some stuff for next month's meeting (Civil Liberties is the issue - we're focussing on the P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act and the Bill of Rights), maybe help decorate the place for tonight's party.  We're having a county wide party to shake it all out, watch Kerry's speech, talk, rant, drink, dance, eat, sell t-shirts, buttons, bumper-stickers.  Somewhere between now and tonight's festivities I also have to finish mowing the back forty before another monsoon lets loose on us.  There could be entire families of large mammals living out there, for all I know.  And it keeps getting worse with the constant rain.  Then there's the weeds in my garden - ELK could be living in there.

Another project showed up this week, which I will discuss at more length in an eventual post.  It has to do with the Indian River SD School Board (the school district we're in) and a case that's brewing against it about prayer at school events.  G and I attended the School Board meeting on Tues night (recorded the convention speeches that we missed) in order to get up to speed on this situation.  We both wish we had known more about it before we went and had the time and background to prepare comments.  It's far from resolved though, so there is yet time for that, I'm sure.  I am working on letters to the newspapers on the issue, and that's taking some time and research as well. 

But, today I discovered a wonderful Journal; Donna Callejon is a Maryland delegate to the convention, and she is blogging for us right here on AOL.  Her journal is called "DC does Boston" (do you love it?) and it's pretty damn good.  She started it for the purpose of doing just this, but I do hope she'll stick around J-Land after the convention ends.  She's a fresh new voice, and I'm so happy to welcome her here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, can you let folks know that we've been having trouble getting ahold of the new "Kerry-Edwards" bumper stickers? Can you find out if there is some sort of shortage?  Thanks and keep blogging! :)

Laura
"Self-Appointed Bumper Sticker Queen"
http://journals.aol.com/hope5555/AmIThereYet/