Thursday, March 4, 2004

SACRED THINGS - Introduction (Part 1)

If you visit with any regularity, you know i've been focusing on Things Environmental in this journal.  this is a busy week, no time for a long entry...but yesterday i bought a book called Sisters of the Earth, Women's Prose & Poetry About Nature.  when i'm too busy to research and write my own entries, i'm going to quote bits and pieces from it here.  we need information, but we also need spiritual encouragement  (i found a quote a while back that goes like this:  "I believe in God, but I spell it Nature."  i can't remember whose this is; i think it was Frank Lloyd Wright....anyone else know? it perfectly expresses my belief.).  so today i pass along to you the opening passage from Starhawk's 1993 novel, The Fifth Sacred Thing. 

as close to a "Credo" as i can get.  it's in the next entry.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right, it was Wright :)
see: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/1469/flwquote.html

Anonymous said...

yes! i KNEW you'd be the one to know, Cherie! the quote person. thanks for checking for me and for the URL, i'll keep it handy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Maisie, it's Lulu.......You got the quote correct, I checked it out. It's a nice one, I ought to calligraphy it for you!
Love....ME

Anonymous said...

I just read your comment in my photoblog and rushed right over to see what the connection was...had you written about fungus?? LOL!! I am floored! We certainly were on the same wavelength...or maybe we are sisters. :)
Kat