Saturday, March 20, 2004

SHABBAT SHALOM

it's three o'clock in the morning, the house is freezing cold, i'm sitting here surfing around the political blogworld making myself crazier by the minute.  incapable of sleeping tonight - too much really good, reeeally hot, salsa at Doña Irene's with dinner tonight, too many shrubya re-election ads on TV (i have yet to see a single Kerry ad - what's up with that?), too much shrub himself finally figuring out a reason to visit wounded soldiers returned from iraq, somehow imagining that there's political hay to be made from those damaged young people at Walter Reed on Ward 57.  and what about those whose damage is too far inside to be camera-worthy?  guys like this, and all those who will do this to themselves or people close to them in the coming years?  

feeling much as i did a year ago when i didn't sleep for most of the late winter leadup to war and then all spring, the insane interior monologue of wrath and despair never shutting-up, raging on even in my dreams.  i can't let this happen again, it serves no purpose, helps nothing, changes nothing.  i've got to start taking time to center myself in some peace, start practicing tai chi again for one thing.  i stopped when i first hurt my ankle, but i think i could do a gentler practice anyway.  i also need to get active with the local Democrats, a fairly conservative bunch - they may not want me! and find a useful outlet for the energy of anger, before it eats me alive.

saturday Educational Technology Certificate class early tomorrow morning, what kind of shape will i be in?  perhaps i've worn myself out enough to sleep.  shabbat shalom, would that it were true.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerry's trying to rebuild his war chest, depleted by the primaries, and Bush has money to burn.
My advice is to show up at the Democratic HQ and bang on the door until they have to take you in. Then, try to remind them what it means to be a Democrat.

Anonymous said...

Awww, I sure hope you get some sleep.
Vince

Anonymous said...

Bush has a war chest which as of last count is up to $170 million. Some corporations are running get out the vote campaigns, which although nonpartisan, will probably end up being a plus for the Bush side. But in spite of this I remain hopeful and optimistic that he will be unseated.

As Dick Clarke said, this is an administration which seems to have been preserved in amber, pursuing the same agenda as #41 8 years ago. And much like his father, he will fail in his re-election bid.

Anonymous said...

I hope your class went well! I know I've had nights/mornings much like the one you describe above! In any case, those Bush ads really are enough to make one crazy. The salsa sounds amazing, though!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to tell you I ran across your site on AOL and have been enjoying reading it.

Anonymous said...

Awwww, get some sleep, hon! And stop watching those darn political ads. They aren't necessarily good for the soul. ;-)

Anonymous said...

After giving it a little more thought, if the local Dems. don't want you -- the hell with 'em. If you don't have a local Green Party chapter, start one.

Anonymous said...

I wish you peace and good rest, and if the Dems don't want you, they're morons. I too haveve been thinking about getting active in the party again. Locally, the average age of the active participants is over 60, and I'm far too old to be treated like a kid. They need more from my generation and the subsequent ones as well, but they can be alienating to newcomers. If nothing else, I ought to go just to shake them up.